MASA Seafarers Fund was established in 2008 with the aim to assist Malaysian seafarer who in needs. MASA is aggressively promoting the fund through advertisement to ensure it been optimised.
THE OBJECTIVE INTRODUCTION
The Fund shall be relief of Malaysian seafarer and their immediate dependents (including widows, widowers and children of deceased seafarers) who through sickness, misfortune or age are in need of assistance and providing such persons with medical and surgical aid, lodging, support and clothing.
The fund shall be employed for any or all the following purposes:
- The development and promotion of employment of seafarer
- The granting of financial assistance to seafarer or their dependents
- The promotion generally of the welfare of seafarer, retired seafarer and their dependents
- The provisional of medical or surgical treatment to seafarer as may, from time to time, be considered expedient
- To make grants to such marine charitable institutions with the same or similar objects to the MASA Seamen Fund as the General Committee shall deem fit
- To co-operate with other charities / voluntary bodies and statutory authorities operating in furtherance of the object or of similar charitable purposes and to exchange information and advice
- To establish or support any charitable trusts, associations or institutions for any purpose or purposes falling within the object
FUND RAISING ACTIVITIES
- Charity Golf
- Hari Raya Open House