Letter from the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in Malaysia to Ministry of Transport (MOT)
Dear Esteemed MASA Members,
Please find below, letter from the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in Malaysia to our Ministry of Transport (MOT), for your perusal and good reference.
- Recently, the number of new COVID-19 cases imported through maritime ports in China is increasing sharply.
- In order to maintain normal operations of maritime trade between Malaysia and China, the Chinese Government is seeking assistance from all Malaysian shipping companies / ocean fishing companies to note the following matters: –
- Crew of ships planning to stop at a maritime port in China (including those having crew replacements at overseas port of call before entering China) to take nucleic acid tests within 3 days before boarding, and to board the ship with negative nucleic acid test certificates.
- For the ships with confirmed COVID-19 cases, all crew members would be required to take nucleic acid tests.
- All applicable ships should provide copies of above certificates for verification through ocean shipping agencies or shipping companies when completing the import and export procedures at customs in China.
- Shipping companies and ocean fishing companies to conduct regular health information check and notification for crew members to keep control of their health status precisely, so as to make sure that they could enter into China smoothly.